Richelle has worked in the United States and Europe:
- U.S. Department of State in Washington D.C. — I worked as an intern in the Public Affairs Front office of the state department and was able to see first hand how the U.S. government crafts its foreign policy messaging.
- Schiller International University in Heidelberg, Germany — I was an adjunct professor who taught two classes in this part-time position. I taught an introductory Political Science class and Writing for International Relations.
- NATO Joint Force Command Library in Oeiras, Portugal — I shelved and sorted book, computed overdue fines, assisted patrons with book searches and created Children’s Story Hour programs.
- The Missouri School of Journalism in Columbia, Missouri — I worked as a City Editor and Adjunct Instructor, teaching students about journalism, news writing and advanced news writing. I worked as a liaison for the university’s convergence program with a local NPR affiliate. The program allowed news students to rewrite their print articles for radio broadcast. I also served as editor in charge of business, health and the environment.
- The Stars and Stripes in Germany — I worked as a reporter/photographer for the Stars and Stripes in Wuerzburg, Germany, writing about the U.S. Army, breaking news and had extended reporting assignments in Kosovo, Macedonia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Albania. I managed the Wuerzburg bureau
- Gannett Newspapers The Jackson Sun in Jackson, Tennessee— I worked as a staff reporter, covering the Tennessee General Assembly. I previously worked as the newspaper’s religion and ethics reporter.
- Thomson Newspapers — I worked as a staff writer covering city government, boards and commissions, deadline news stories and state government through the Georgia General Assembly.
* PhD, History, Studies of Security and Defense, ISCTE-IUL, Lisbon, Portugal
* MA, International Relations, St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, Texas
* BA, Journalism (Broadcast Sequence) Temple University in Philadelphia, Pa.
* Diploma, Portuguese (Brazilian) U.S. Defense Language Institute in Monterey, California
* International School of Coaching, Lisbon, Portugal, Certification: Level I, Leadership and Personal Excellence